Here's the BIG Picture
The Diploma in Law is designed to equip you with the essential skills and competencies needed to excel in a legal career, setting the foundation for any student intending to pursue their higher studies in legal education.
This programme will help you develop vital communication skills including effective listening and critical reading, objective and persuasive writing, advocacy, and the ability to conduct in-depth research, both domestically and internationally.
You will also have a better understanding in the core areas of law, preparing you for the study of more complex law subjects.
This programme is equivalent to Year 1 of a degree programme and is specifically equivalent to Level 4 of UK degree qualifications.
With this Course You Will:
- Develop the ability to identify and understand key concepts in substantive law, legal theory and procedures of domestic and international law.
- Identify and understand the impact of economic, cultural and political changes on the law.
- Explore the significant role of the law in improving social and economic conditions in modern societies.
- Apply knowledge and critical thinking skills to perform legal analysis, reasoning and problem solving competently, and learn to collaborate in a variety of legal settings and contexts.
Why Choose BAC College Singapore?
Established in 1996, BAC College Singapore (formerly known as ITC School of Laws) offers a wide range of pre-university, and articulation to degree programmes. We provide our students a great educational experience, along with graduate recognition and mobility. Well known for our innovative teaching methods, we offer students an exceptional educational journey, with the choice to graduate from over 25 UK universities that are affiliated to the BAC Education Group.
In line with our mission of providing quality education that meets international standards, we are consistently lauded for our excellence in the field. We have received consecutive awards of the prestigious 4-year Edutrust, and voted the Gold standard for the JobsCentral Learning TED Awardrs in 2017.
How Do I Get In?
- GCE A-Level; or
- Completion of Year 12; or
- Completion of less than Year 12 will be considered if it is an official completion of High School in the country of origin; or
- IB Diploma; or
- Pre-university certifications; or
- Polytechnic Diploma; or
- BAC Foundation Diploma; or
- Mature candidates (30 years old or older with 8 years of work experience); or
- Other private or foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Pass BAC English Placement Test; or
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Hello there, Welcome to BAC Singapore!
Need advice? Talk to us.
Common Law Reasoning & Institutions
In this module, you will get an overview of the central institutions and processes of the English Legal system, and will be introduced to techniques of legal interpretation and legal research.
This module will give you an overview of Contract Law and prepares you to negotiate and draft basic contracts in the commercial world. You will discuss the concepts and philosophies that have evolved in the study of Contract, understand Contract case law and the importance of the issues in a case and how the court resolved it, learn how to apply case law to a given issue, and how to interpret a statute and the interrelationship between the statute and the relevant common law, amongst others.
You will have in-depth understanding of the substantive principles governing a variety of offences and defences of the English criminal law, and will be to introduced to techniques of legal interpretation and legal research in the study of the variety of case law and statutory provisions governing the criminal law.
This module will give you an understanding of Constitutional and Administrative Law, the checks and balances to ensure a clean and transparent government. You will study English Public Law and its relevance to British Politics, drawing similarities to the principles of Public Law in Commonwealth jurisdictions.
You might also like these Courses.
Diploma in Business
The Diploma in Business sets the foundation for a student intending to pursue further qualifications in Business. It is designed to promote a student’s understanding in the core areas of business.
Diploma in Digital Transformation
The Diploma in Digital Transformation exposes you to the essential skills and competencies required to excel in the digital economy.
Diploma in Media & Communication
This is a great preparatory programme to start an exciting career in the world of media and communications, and will serve as an excellent platform for further academic studies in the field.