Here's the BIG Picture
Through this course, you will hone the knowledge and skills vital to beginning your journey in the creative communications industry. Incorporating project based learning, the programme gives you hands-on experience in creative fields such as photography, video production, digital advertising and marketing, corporate communications, journalism and various areas of media studies.
Upon completing this programme, you will have the chance to embark on the final year of a relevant degree programme with an articulation framework between BAC College (Singapore) and its University partners.
With this Course You Will:
- Apply principles, theories and skills within the obtained from the programme and discipline to address the tasks/work assigned;
- Apply critical thinking, knowledge and skills to solve communication and creative projects, tasks and/or study;
- Organise, operate and complete, using information and apply ethical considerations when developing and/or using strategies, methods, tools, technologies, materials to solve/address routine and some non-routine tasks/problems within an area of work and/or study under supervision;
- Communicate clearly, orally or in writing, ideas, information, problems and solutions, individually or as a team to peers, experts and non-experts;
- Use digital technology applications to support study/work to complete tasks, research and evaluate data related to a subject of study/work;
- Show awareness and general knowledge of Singapore and the region.
- Develop the selection of appropriate research methods and sources and the ability to think and learn independently.
Why Choose BAC College (Singapore)?
Established in 1996, BAC College Singapore (formerly known as ITC School of Laws) offers a wide range of pre-university, and articulation to degree programmes. We provide our students a great educational experience, along with graduate recognition and mobility. Well known for our innovative teaching methods, we offer students an exceptional educational journey, with the choice to graduate from over 25 UK universities that are affiliated to the BAC Education Group.
You will also benefit from our Student-Teacher Ratio.
- Lectures: 1 to 100
- Tutorials: 1-50
In line with our mission of providing quality education that meets international standards, we are consistently lauded for our excellence in the field. We have received consecutive awards of the prestigious 4-year Edutrust, and voted the Gold standard for the JobsCentral Learning TED Awards in 2017.
How Do I Get In?
- A BAC Diploma in Media & Communications (via e-learning/face-to-face/blended learning)in all subjects; or
- A pass in a Diploma level qualification from a local polytechnic, local Private Education Institution, Foreign University or Polytechnic
- A pass in the BAC English Placement Test; or
- A minimum score of IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL 550/ PTE Academic 50.
Hello there, welcome to BAC College Singapore.
Need advice? Talk to us
Media Culture Studies and Analysis
This module will develop your critical thinking while teaching you different techniques you can use to analyze products of the media and discern different meanings and perspectives.
Media Ethics and Regulation
Through this module, you will understand the purpose of Media Ethics and Regulations. It also aims to improve your awareness on the theoretical approaches that underline the application of ethics, making it easier for you to use ethical decision-making strategies to analyze actual and proposed cases, develop ethical guidelines for personal and professional behaviour, and evaluate cases given ethical codes and offer recommendations for ethical communication.
Digital Content Development
You will be introduced to the art of writing in various online publications. This module also exposes you to examples of online content development, demonstrating a variety of format, structuresand how they are written.
Corporate CommunicationStrategy and Management
This module is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to corporate communications and public relations. You will be able to understand the growing importance of communication for corporations and learn how corporations can construct communication campaigns- which will be useful for when you will need to create your own communication campaign in the near future.
Photographhy & Video Production
You will be exposed to the basic fundamentals and techniques of principles of photography, videography, and editing- this includes the technical practices and creative skills required to produce a video. You will then be taught how to utilize this knowledge to devise new strategies for the use in visual storytelling.
In this module, students will learn key concepts in digital marketing, as well as how it has revolutionized the interactions between firms and consumers along their business journey.
You might also like these Courses.
Advanced Diploma In Business (E-Learning)
This course will help you develop the essential skills and competencies needed to excel in a business career- enhancing your understanding of the core areas of business
Advanced Diploma In Digital Transformation (E-Learning)
This programme is designed to promote your comprehension in advanced core areas of computing and technology. You will develop skills which are vital to a career in the digital economy.
Advanced Diploma In Hospitality Management (E-Learning)
This programme is designed to hone your knowledge and develop crucial skills needed for a successful career in the hospitality, tourism and hotel industry.