Here's the BIG Picture
The Foundation Diploma in Media & Communication is a comprehensive programme designed to prepare you for a career in the creative industry. You will explore and learn to appreciate cutting- edge modes of communication, and recognise how technologies evolve whilst exploring human behaviour and best practices in the industry.
This programme will help you learn to see and address the new dynamics and implications for strategic communication in the new normal. You will also have solid grounding in core subjects such as Academic Skills, Academic English, Introduction to ICT and Introduction to Media & Communication.
With this Course You Will:
- Utilise facts to describe and discuss concepts, principles, and processes in a specific field of study.
- Apply fundamental principles in the field of study to identify and solve problems.
- Collect, analyse, organise, and process data/information to make conclusions individually or in groups.
- Learn to communicate clearly and confidently.
- Utilise basic digital technology applications to seek and process data related to a specific field of study.
- Search, interpret, and use relevant information to pursue lifelong learning independently.
Why Choose BAC College Singapore?
Established in 1996, BAC College Singapore (formerly known as ITC School of Laws) offers a wide range of pre-university, and articulation to degree programmes. We provide our students a great educational experience, along with graduate recognition and mobility. Well known for our innovative teaching methods, we offer students an exceptional educational journey, with the choice to graduate from over 25 UK universities that are affiliated to the BAC Education Group.
In line with our mission of providing quality education that meets international standards, we are consistently lauded for our excellence in the field. We have received consecutive awards of the prestigious 4-year Edutrust, and voted the Gold standard for the JobsCentral Learning TED Awardrs in 2017.
How Do I Get In?
- Minimum 1 GCE O-Level Pass or equivalent;
- Completion of Year 10 of Studies or equivalent;
- Completion of Year 9 of Studies, to be taken into consideration if it is an official completion of secondary education in student’s country of origin;
- Completion of International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme;
- Other private or foreign qualifications (to be assessed on a case-by-case basis); OR
- Mature student applicants over the age of 25 who will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and may be subject to a formal interview for recommendation for admission.
Hello there, Welcome to BAC Singapore!
Need advice? Talk to us.
For students wishing to pursue their academic studies, knowledge of the use of Academic English is indispensable and is effectively one of the basic tools for research and the writing of academic papers. This module will train you on the proper usage of the English language, to be applied in a professional setting.
Academic Study Skills
In this module, you will be provided with detailed information and a variety of techniques to help improve your study skills. You will also be advised on how to identify and overcome common study problems, how to manage study workload and how you can develop good time management skills.
Introduction to Information Communication & Technology
This module prepares you for understanding the practical aspects of computing. You will acquire basic knowledge of computer hardware and software, understand how computers are integrated into an organisation, learn how information is managed within an organisation, and develop basic communication and business skills required in computing.
Introduction to Media & Communication
In this module, you will develop a better understanding of the history of the mass media, the changes in the media and how the media has changed audiences as well. This subject will help you understand better the communication processes between the creator of the message to the receiver of the message.
You might also like these Courses.
Foundation Diploma in Entrepreneurship
The Foundation Diploma in Entrepreneurship is a comprehensive programme designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a degree in entrepreneurship or its related fields.
Foundation Diploma in Hotel Management
The Foundation Diploma in Hotel Management will be your first step to becoming hospitality leaders of tomorrow, while experiencing excellence in hospitality education.
Foundation Diploma in Digital Transformation
This preparatory programme eases your transition to degree programmes in the areas of Law, Business, Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Human Resource Management and English Language, amongst many others.