About University of Reading
The University of Reading was established in 1892, and is now ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (QS University World Rankings 2016/17), with a world-class reputation for the quality of our teaching, research and links to business.
With attractive views of Whiteknights Lake and surrounded by parkland, the School of Law is situated in an architecturally significant grade 2 listed building on the University’s main campus. Located ideally in the thriving town of Reading, it is just 25 minutes by train from London, and at the heart of the employment-rich Thames Valley region.
- The University maintains four museums, two campus libraries and a range of inter-departmental libraries as well as a botanical garden.
- The Library is a storehouse of information with over 1,000,000 volumes, 3750 periodical subscriptions, plus archives, manuscripts and multimedia materials.
- Reading has been has been ranked 8th out of 91 universities in the UK for the subject of law (Times Good University Guide)
- The University is also ranked 8th out of 94 universities in the UK for the subject of law (Complete University Guide).
- Dr Anton Apriyantono – Minister of Agriculture, Indonesia.
- Kevin Bell – Executive Chairman, Maitland Political (previously an advisor to Margaret Thatcher).
- Lord Bradshaw – Spokesperson for Transport, Liberal Democrats, House of Lords.